Why I Love YouTube by Joseph Ward


Joe Ward is our latest contributor. He is a retired high school teacher and librarian. He taught film as part of his Literature class along with Government and Behavioral Science. He also is a serial entrepreneur. He successfully developed and sold two software companies. He says...

"Johnny Appleseed is a favorite video because I remember being told the story as a young child and seeing the Disney cartoon in the movie theaters in the 1950’s. The tune is catchy and stayed with me all these years. I like the story because it is about a simple man following his passion of planting seeds to help the world. Years later I chose to become a teacher and the planting seeds symbology fit into my decision to teach. I’ve had several jobs but the personal satisfaction of teaching was one of the most important things in my life. In a similar fashion, my web page Why I Like YouTube is another example of me planting seeds in the hope of making things better."