Created by Lizzy and Triggermen. Here are their links...
Dancing To Go With My New Hat
This is a playlist I created a number of years ago. I had bought a new hat and it just made me feel like dancing.
1. You Can Leave Your Hat On - Joe Cocker - This song was written by Randy Newman in 1972. But Joe Cocker made it famous when he sang it for the movie 9 1/2 Weeks. Tom Jones sang it for The Full Monty.
2. Leopard-Skin Pill Box Hat - John Mellencamp - Bob Dylan wrote this song for his 1966 Blonde on Blonde album. But John Mellencamp's recording is my favorite.
3. Wherever I Lay My Hat - Taylor Hicks - This was written by Marvin Gaye and sung by so many. I love Taylor Hick's version.
4. Wear My Hat- Phil Collins - This song was written and released by Phil Collins in 1997 on his Dance Into The Light Album.
5. Don't Touch My Hat - Lyle Lovett - What can I say? It's so Lyle Lovett
6. Big Hat No Cattle - Eli Barsi - This is another great song by Randy Newman. We've all known men like this. It reminds me of some politicians.
7. Hat Full of Stars - Cyndi Lauper
8. Top Hat, White Tie - Ella Fitzgerald - This song was written by Irving Berlin for Fred Astaire in 1935. Many have recorded it. Great version by Ella Fitzgerald.
9. My Hat's on the Side of My Head - Lynwood Slim and the Igor Prado Band
10. Top Hat Bar and Grill - Jim Croce - This song was written by Croce about some of the places he had worked in. He died way too early, in a plane crash in 1973. He was only 30 years old.