Another Favorite YouTube Video from Joe

I watched this video in my science class in 1968. I can honestly say it changed my view of the world. I have never forgotten it. It was a huge influence on my beliefs. Cynthia



I liked to show Cosmic Zoom in my film classes for several reasons. Cosmic Zoom was released by the National Film Board of Canada in 1968. Many of my favorites were produced by NFB and several are on my whyilikeyoutube.com website. I am especially interested in the work of Canadian filmmaker Norman McLaren and some of his work is on my website.


As I look at the film in 2020 I am drawn to several quotes from Albert Einstein that helps me gain some new appreciation for the film.


“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”

“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”

“I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.”

“It is not that I'm so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.”


Joe