The Thanksgiving Gratitude Tree - The Perfect Excuse For Putting Your Tree Up Early


Want an excuse to put your Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving? I am inventing a new tradition at my house - The Thanksgiving Gratitude Tree. I put my artificial tree up yesterday with just the sparkling lights. 


 I then hung photos of all those family members and friends I am so grateful for. 


Next I took Thank You cards and trimmed them to 3 x 3 inch square. On the back I wrote down one thing on each card that I am grateful for. This would be such a cool thing to do with kids before Thanksgiving. You could even have guests coming to your house for Thanksgiving add their gratitudes to the tree. I put the year on each card. My plan is to save them, read them again in the following years and add to them.



I attached the cards to the tree with gold leaf ribbon that I got on Amazon.






I also like these more autumn looking neutral colored notes.

I am not going to put any Christmas decorations on the tree or anywhere else in the house yet. I will remove the cards after Thanksgiving to make room for ornaments. That way I maintain my family's tradition of decorating the house, the weekend after Thanksgiving, while listening to Christmas music.