Gingerbread Houses

 

Last year, here in Ajijic, Mexico, I went to a Gingerbread House show at a local hotel. The three houses above were in the show.

I can't believe I have made it to my age and have never made a Gingerbread House. Next year I am going to do it for sure... maybe even make it a party.


If you need some inspiration, Pinterest is loaded with adorable Gingerbread Houses. This is one of my favorites.

If you need a recipe here is one from Bill Yosses, the former White House Pastry Chef. I thought this one looked particularly interesting because it has orange and lemon zest.




If you would like some additions for your house I thought this pickup truck with tree was adorable.


Or how cute would it be to add Christmas Lights to your Gingerbread House?

Okay. Next year for sure I am having a Gingerbread House making party.